Monday, January 09, 2006

Susy's car

So if you've been following Susy's Blog lately you would have already read of her car troubles. So after a few days and dollars work on it this morning the same thing happened. Well I went to the rescue, again, and she took my truck to school. I sat there for a bit to see if anything changed, nothing. I then called BCAA to have it towed to a shop. While I was sitting there waiting it dawned on me, hey maybe its just the fuel filter clogged again! So I hopped out in the pouring rain and gave it a little knock to loosen any dirt that might have gotten in there. Low and behold it went. How could we have missed that? Well I had assumed since we just changed it when she ran out of gas before that it wouldn't need changing again. Could it be that simple? I had it towed to the shop any ways.
Update: As I was writing this the shop called. Turns out not to be the fuel filter, its worse, somethings wrong with the carburetor. Yeah that's not good, fixing that is more then the car's worth. Now I have to figure out a way to get it to Mission. Hopefully it will just have a good day and be able to drive it out there. Maybe I'll wait till after rush hour.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss-buggy said...

You should get some backyard mechanic to price out how much a rebuilt carb would be. What is the make and model of the car? We tend to know a few mechanics around this house...

3:30 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

Her Dad went to an auto wrecker and bought one off another Micra so we have the carb now. He was going to work on it himself to clean it up some but if you know someone who will do it dirt cheap or free maybe let us know. What does it take to rebuilt one anyways? A screwdriver? I normally just hit it with a hammer.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home