Friday, June 23, 2006

20 days ago today...

Well I guess this whole being engaged thing hasn't quite set in yet. Although 20 days is no milestone or anniversary I thought I would mention it. Mostly because after 20 days I still haven't quite digested the fact. All around me there seems to be wedding talk, and most of it I'm in on too. When I talk about Susy though I still talk about her as a girlfriend. Well I guess I just call her that versus a fiance cause I think that word sounds funny. I'm so very happy to be marrying her. She's been an amazing part of my life and has come to know me better then anyone before. She's stuck beside me even through some smelly times. Mind you she's had her fair share. It's hard for me to imagine that not 2 years ago my entire life turned upside down. How far I've come since then. A lot of people stuck beside back then and for that I am honoured to called them friends. Some days I think those friends have fallen by the way side. Life's just too busy to get together, that sort of thing. But I know they'll always be friends. Especially my best man. Jeez that guys been to Hell and back with me. We went through a lot of crazy stuff, most of which we perpetrated. There will never be another bent spoon Kris. I know I'm just blabbering. I think it's a thoughtful day. I have a great life. I love Sue and she loves me back more then I could ever ask for. I have the love of friends, old and new. I guess I'm just thankful. Thankful for the wonderful people in my life. Thankful for new relationships forming and others growing. Thankful for new parents. Thankful for a new brother, even though he doesn't talk much. Thankful for new friends that have the same weird personality I do. Thankful for my family who have been there and excepted their new daughter & sister. Thankful I have such and beautiful and loving fiance. And most of all, thankful she said yes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susy said...

he's had a smelly robe some days, but you should see his recreational clothes... especially when he clenches his but cheeks together.... naaaachoooooooooooooo

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home