Sunday, May 08, 2005

Driving to work

So for starters I guess I should mention everyday I go to work I drive at least 10 minutes through the downtown east side so that may explain some of the things I see. But thats just it, I see some weird things. I've seen naked people, no not at all ones you want to look at but they're like car accidents and you just can't look away. I've had a woman smile at me and then drop her pants and squat urinating right in front of me. That one was disturbing. My most memorable was the day two velociraptors crossed my path. Thats right, the dinosaurs. Ok I know they weren't really dinosaurs but man those costumes were incredible. It was like Jurassic Park had come to Vancouver. I've been driving along peaceful when 5 police cars come out of no where and the SWAT team jumps out fully armed. Yesterday I was driving in and as usual there was some addict in the middle of the road high on something and jaywalking. Now this isn't unusual in that area of town. It happens more then once in your 5 km drive in that stretch. What was weird was when he realized there was cars coming and they really weren't slowing for him he started to run across the road. He was carrying a cup of something that he proceeded to spill on himself, I don't think it was hot but it may have been. He just stopped where he was dead in his tracks in the middle of the road and proceeded to yell at his cup. Like it did something wrong. I swear he was being so mean to the poor thing. I was scared for its safety. But I proceeded on. Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon George said...

oh man that's awesome... like what the cup do to you... man what a quack... at least he could take it to a quiet place, a candlelit donner on the beach... man what a prick....uh

9:20 PM  
Blogger Shannon George said...

sorry i meant dinner!!!!lol

9:21 PM  
Blogger Susy said...

poor little cup

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home